The Association of Managers in Education (AMiE) is the leadership section of ATL, the Education Union. It represents leaders and managers at all levels from colleges, schools and elsewhere in the education sector.
AMiE was created in response to developments in the education sector such as the 14-19 agenda and the machinery of government changes in FE; and to create a trade union that brings together senior leaders from across education in the UK and champions their needs. It started life as a partnership between ATL and the Association For College Management (ACM), but after two successful years, the ACM merged into the ATL on 1 Janaury 2011.
AMiE now operates as an autonmous section within ATL, having its own directly elected Council and its own administrative office in Market Harborough.
It offers members:
- the support, expertise and resources of one of the UK's largest education unions.
- unrivalled trade union support for individuals provided by professional staff who specilise in supporting leaders and managers in education.
- a wide range of core services such as expert publications and professional development opportunities
- membership of an organisation with enhanced and substantial political influence
- a wide range of additional services such as insurance and tax return deals
Want to join us?
Join online or send us an email from this web site to request a joining pack.